Any way you look at it, Maintenance is a smart investment. Manufactures, contractors, independent publications and homeowners all agree, if you are looking to save money on utility bills while extending the life and efficient performance of your Home Comfort System, then Preventative Maintenance is your answer!
Your Home Comfort System is like your car – both are mechanical systems that require consistent and regular maintenance. You change the oil in your car every 3,000 miles because it helps keep your car running safely and reliably. Much like your car, your Home Comfort System must be cared for throughout its life, in order for it to continue keeping you comfortable inside your home efficiently and effectively. If you were to get in your car and drive it for 2,500 hours at 55 miles per hour, you would put 137,500 miles on your odometer and changed the oil 45 times. Well, the average family “drives” their Home Comfort System an average of 2,500 hours per year at full speed! With all that stress put on your Home Comfort System, you can see why it is a good idea to have your unit tuned up at least once a year.
Thoughts on the Value of Maintenance – “Maintain your equipment to prevent future problems and unwanted costs. Keep your cooling and heating systems at peak performance by having a contractor do annual pre-season check-ups. Contractors get busy once summer and winter come, so it is best to check the cooling system in the spring and the heating system in the fall.”
- From the EPA Publication “A Guide to Energy-Efficient Cooling and Heating”
- Nine out of ten system failures are caused by dirt and dust. (Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service)
- A buildup of .042 inches of dirt on a heating and cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficiency of 21%. (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted air. They breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight and are closer to the ground where concentrations of air pollutants are higher. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
- The average six-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year. (Discover Magazine)
Properly maintained equipment will increase the reliability and efficiency of your heating and cooling systems, resulting in and overall cost savings. Here at Foust Heating & Air Conditioning Inc., we take the time to understand our customer’s needs and we partner with our customers to provide a quality service with excellent value.
By investing in our Home Comfort Program, our skilled technicians will routinely conduct comprehensive system inspections and maintenance of your HVAC systems to ensure optimum performance. Our technicians will also identify needed repairs and upgrades to correct problems before they result in costly breakdowns.
We have been providing the residents of Cumberland County and surrounding counties with exceptional service since 2001. Here at Foust Heating & Air Conditioning Inc., our goal is help maintain the life of your Home Comfort System and to take you to a new level of customer service.
Other Program Benefits:
– Preferred Custom Priority – moves you to the front of the line!
– Additional customer discounts on parts and rates.
– Lower utility bills!